Thursday, February 3, 2011

Picasa Story

This is Mitchell Talavera. He is my boss. The day starts twelve o’clock sharp. He does not like students coming in late to work. He also does not like it when the circulation desk is disorderly. He likes a fresh cup of coffee. I would like to mention that my job could be seen as an episode of the office, except my boss isn’t dumb and we try to find ways of entertaining ourselves throughout the day. In this “episode” I take delight in taking the photos of others who do not realize it. I am invisible…
DSC02080
I begin to become my own spy. When others are not paying attention I shoot. This student at the desk wasn’t even aware that I was taking her photo, completely oblivious.
DSC02088
I try to move swiftly among the stacks, trying to hide between columns, stairways and other hiding spots.
DSC02082
I observe and stay still trying to focus on the sounds of my footsteps. At last I take a quick photograph of Michael, who like a good co-worker, is focused on re-shelving books.
DSC02083
Sooner or later I am told to sit at the desk by my other supervisor Lauren. Lauren is sweet. She dislikes it when students are reading at the circulation desk. She dislikes not having anything to do. She likes to mix mayonnaise and ketchup for a creamy and saucy French fry sauce.
DSC02090
I am finally caught by the end of my shift by Sonia. Sonia dislikes students talking. Sonia dislikes students asking her questions. Sonia likes the smell of Chamomile tea. She tells me not to take any more photographs. And as I am about to set down my camera she turns around and flashes a smile.
DSC02086

No comments:

Post a Comment